Looking for a great way to use up some of that great summer vegetable that you probably have an abundance of right now?! Try out these zucchini cookies! They are very yummy, soft, cake-like cookies that are super moist. And they get topped off with a wonderful creamy and smooth cream cheese frosting that makes them even more perfect! I wanted to share these with you because they are a little switch up from your average zucchini bread. Enjoy!
Zucchini Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting:
-1 cup granulated sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup vegetable oil
-2 cups grated zucchini
-3 tsp. vanilla
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1 tsp. salt
-cream cheese frosting (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
3. Add oil, sugars, zucchini, and vanilla. Mix well.
4. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. Add the the egg and sugar mixture. Blend well.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.
7. Let cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting. Store in an airtight container in the rrefrigerator.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
-1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
-1 stick butter, softened
-1 (1-lb.) box confectioner's sugar
-1 tsp. vanilla
-pinch of salt.
1. Beat together cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar.
3. Add the vanilla and salt and beat until combined.