I wanted to use up some leftover halloween candy and I was also having a craving for a moist and delicious chocolate cake, so, this is what I came up with! A Chocolate Candy bar Overload Cake. Of course, I used my favorite chocolate cake recipe from HERSHEY'S, which turns out perfectly everytime, no joke! It is the best, and then I frosted it with HERSHEY'S "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting recipe slightly modified. I used half regular cocoa and half dark cocoa and I really, really loved the flavor combo of the two. Then, I just sprinkled some chopped candy bars in between the 2 cake layers and then decorated the top with some more candy bars! This sure hit the spot and satisfied my chocolate cake craving and my whole family couldn't rave about it more! My sister said it was the best chocolate cake she has ever had.
HERSHEY'S "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake:
For the Cake:
-2 cups sugar
-1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 cup milk
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 cup boiling water
-"Perfectly Chocoloate" Chocolate Frosting (recipe below)
-2 mini candy bars, coarsely chopped, and about 6 cut into bigger chunks (any kind will do!)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in water. (Batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
4. Prepare frosting; spread between layers and sprinkle with about 2 of the coarsely chopped candy bars. Spread the rest of the frosting over the top and side of the cake. Decorate the top of the cake with the bigger chunks of the candy bars as desired.
"Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting: (slightly adapted by me)
-1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
-2/3 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa, (I used 1/3 cup of regular cocoa and 1/3 cup of dark cocoa and I really loved the flavor of the combination of the 2, so I highly reccomend doing that : )!)
-4 cups powdered sugar
-1/2 cup-2/3 cup milk
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency, (I beat it for a few minutes on medium-high speed, which gave it a great texture and made it light and fluffy).
2. Stir in vanilla.