Happy 4th of July! I hope that everyone has a great weekend that is fun-filled and relaxing with family, loved ones and friends. Here is just a fun and simple 4th of July recipe along with a few patriotic dessert ideas to take along with you to any get togethers you may be going to this weekend! Enjoy and have a safe holiday!
White Chocolate covered Oreos and Peanut Butter Cookies:
-Oreos (I used strawberry creme milkshake oreos!)
-Peanut butter cookies (Magical Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe)
-1 bag white chocolate chips
-2 tablespoons shortening
-red and/or blue sprinkles
Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Melt white chocolate chips and shortening over a double boiler until smooth. Dip or drizzle cookies with white chocolate and decorate with sprinkles and frosting as desired.
Patriotic Dessert Ideas:
1. Patriotic No Fail Sugar Cookies-make star shaped cookies and deorate with red, white, and blue frosting and sprinkles! (Leenee's Sweetest Delights)
2. Red Velvet Cake Balls-dip them in white chocolate and decorate with red and blue sprinkles etc. (Bakerella)
3. Patriotic Cookie Pizza-I love fruit pizza-so simple and so delicious and it is always popular at get togethers! (Pillsbury)
4. Red Velvet Sandwhich Cookies-I made these last year for the 4th and they were a big hit! I put blue frosting in the center! (Paula Deen)
5. Sweetest Delights Seven Layer Bars-use only red,white and blue M&M's! (Leenee's Sweetest Delights)