I saw this recipe for Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies at Lovin' from the Oven and I knew I had to try them because I love both Nutella and chocolate! These turned out really great, the Nutella flavor really stands out in these cookies and is the main flavor. Then, it is filled with chocolate chips and you can add chopped hazelnuts for crunch if you would like (the original recipe calls for them, but I am not a fan so I didn't add them), and you get a small hint of cinnamon flavor in the background which blends perfectly with the flavor of the cookie. These were moist and chewy and slightly crunchy on the edges and perfectly delicious!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies:
-1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
-1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), softened
-2/3 cup granulated sugar
-1/3 cup light brown sugar
-2/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 large egg
-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Mix together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and vanilla. Mix in vanilla.
3. Add flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then carefully remove to cooling racks.